1.04.2011

Who Thinks of This Stuff...

Who is the hands down genius head that thought up Pandora Radio?

I like music in a sort of second hand way. If it happens to be playing somewhere nearby, I'll tap my foot and bob my head with the best of them (with a few, okay, with several exceptions that I will not go into here because I don't want to bash any musical genres in print...but you know who you are). However, I don't usually seek out music and I'll tell you why.

Firstly, music on the radio is repetitive. Really repetitive. Really, really repetitive. Really, really, really repetitive. Same music. Over and over and over.

Secondly, someone else is doing the picking for me. I don't like handing over that kind of control. I (not unlike most people) want what I want, when I want it, thank you very much.

And thirdly, like any mother I've ever met, I mostly just want it to be quiet.

So, you can imagine the happy dance that ensued when a savvy friend turned me on to Pandora. That's www.pandora.com for those of you who are still wandering aimlessly in the dark morass that is FM radio.

I can't explain adequately. You have to experience it for yourself. And yes, I realize that I am probably light years behind the rest of the world, but I don't care. Let me be happy with my Adele/Weepies based station now that I have it. And look out iTunes...I'm coming in for a landing!

No comments: